[geeks] Headphone Interconnects

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:02:18 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Francois Dion wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a headphone interconnect cable, 1/8 in. male on both
>>> ends,
>>> to hook up my headphone amplifier to my iPod.  It needs to be built
>>> fairly
>>
>> I didn't notice >>headphone<<
>>
>> So, not for a gig. It's the outdoor application that threw me off.
>> What kind of amp is it? I'd still go with the neutrik connectors
>> though.
>
> I'd prefer to avoid making it myself, since I have very little spare time.

Ready made cable
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/mas_assets/full/SP-HEC-4.jpg

looks like $25 for a 24" cable, a 12" is a custom size, they charge $2 more.
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=SP-HEC-4

Considering the neutrik connectors are almost $6 each + shipping +
cable + labor, that's not too bad a price.

>  I actually have a few different headphone amps.  Most of them are made by
> Headroom.  The one I use the most is a Total Airhead, just because it's so
> compact.  It sounds good enough.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Looks interesting. I've been thinking about making me a dedicated
headphone amp, but just dont have the time to get around to all my
projects. I use a Technics DCC player as my headphone amp. The
headphone amp is very well made in this thing.