[geeks] Headphone Interconnects

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:45:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a headphone interconnect cable, 1/8 in. male on both ends,
> to hook up my headphone amplifier to my iPod.  It needs to be built fairly
> well, since it will be used in a portable rig and needs to be plugged and
> unplugged somewhat frequently.  I would also prefer if the plugs were gold-
> or rhodium-plated, since there is a distinct possibility of the cable being
> exposed to moisture at some point.  Other than that, I don't need anything
> fancy.  The cheaper the better.  1ft. length should be more than enough.

Ready made 1ft, parts express has this one, but not exactly heavy
duty. I wouldn't count on it long term:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=240-096

If I were doing DJ gigs outside and made the cable myself, I'd make
them with neutrik 90 degree plugs:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=092-333

If you are just looking for the cheapest gold plated neutrik connector:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=092-157

But I'd go with the first one. Combine that with a 4.5mm OD
microphone/signal (2 shielded conductors) cable, or you can use an
s-video cable, that should be a perfect fit sizewise for the neutrik
connector. parts express dont have those smaller diameter cables in
small quantity, only in spools of 250ft + ...