[geeks] My Dell Mini 9 (or Latitude 910) netbook arrived today...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 24 08:32:12 CDT 2008

   No, the lack of function keys isn't bothering me, but I plan on mainly
   using it for use around $WORK to access a trouble ticket system and
   emails, not even for serial console access of network equipment, so Fn
   keys don't mean much to me.

   I'll likely run WinXP Pro, so I can join $WORKs domain and access
   network resources.

   If $WORK gets me one for use there, I'll probably transition mine to
   Linux...

   Also, it seems 2 Gig RAM upgrade is possible, so if ordering the
   system, get minimal RAM and then upgrade - it is trivial, and a 2 Gig
   SoDIMM is under $50.

   Lionel
   Sep 23, 2008 10:31:56 PM, geeks at sunhelp.org wrote:

     Lionel Peterson wrote:
     > It look snice, a small stpe nicer than the eee as fara as design
     goes
     > (the Asus eee looks - to me - like they went with very thick,
     chunky
     > plastic while the Dell is a bit more like a shrunken Inspiron.
     The
     > keyboard is fairly good (only spent a little bit of time on it),
     and
     > the packaging is tiny! (The box it came in is only a shade bigger
     than
     > the local yellow pages)

     The $350 question for me is: Is the lack of function keys bothering
     you?
     -Dan Sikorski