[geeks] LittleFall2

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Sep 24 07:20:28 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:22:12AM -0700, velociraptor wrote:
(snip)
>That's a great deal if you absolutely have to have mini-ITX, compared
>to the other options available.  For me, having two expansion slots
>and the ability to go 4GB is more important than the tiny footprint.

Not sure if the two expansion slots issue is that significant though -
the D945GCLF2 board has got gigabit ethernet already onboard, unlike
the D945GCLF, so one slot should be sufficient - unless you were
thinking of adding more powerful graphics, sound or firewire. Heck, it
has better expansion capabilities than the macbook air!

For me, the attraction of these motherboards is the low power
'footprint' - it is feasible to run them off one of those black
transformer bricks, and to experiment with things like 12V battery
power / solar. Of course this attraction has nothing to do with it
being hackintoshable.

Cheers,
Jonathan