[geeks] power (was Mr. Bill)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 17 14:45:51 CDT 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 14:34 , Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 01:38:26PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>> Why can't this vulnerability in our infrastructure be fixed?
>
> 1.  Horribly expensive to retrofit existing infrastructure.
>
> 2.  Whiny people who dont want to give up 12' of their land so that
> there's
> places to bury the cables.

I'm one of those whiny people, and I have good reason for it.

In the "better" neighborhoods, they bury cables, hide cable TV
distribution boxes, and other things without encroaching on their,
making it ugly, and so on.

In my neighborhood they shit on us every chance they get, even to the
point of stripping topsoil to send to the other neighborhoods.

So yes, I whine about that, and I have damned good reasons for it.

> 2a.  People who whine louder when eminent domain or right-of-way is
> used.

Since most eminent domain is illegal and unconstitutional, they should
whine even louder than they already do.

The problem right now is not enough people are bitching about it.

I know people who have lost everything they had because of that
bullshit, and I think our "leadership" should have their Bastille Day
for it.

None of this is why we don't have good infrastructure.

We have poor infrastructure because of unchecked greed, waste, and
idiotic planning.

> 2b.  Those are usually the same people who bitch that Starbucks is
> closed
> while driving around in their Land Rover looking for someone to kiss
> their
> ass after a natural disaster.

Around here it is those people who don't have the problem.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com