[geeks] [rescue] Sun Ray desktop replacement or wide-scale implementation?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:29:40 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> I have that experience.  It does most things perfectly.  Don't try to do
> video.

If you use mplayer with xvideo support (I compile my own) it actually
is able to play video even on a sunray 1.

>  Some kinds of flash pages can be a bit slow too.

Flash thru RDP dont work right even under a windows client...
Apparently next release of SRSS will address that, but already, there
are several enhancements for sunray 2 class of devices streaming from
windows direct to the sunray in SRSS 4.1

Look at ThinGuy's blog for some demos: http://blogs.sun.com/ThinGuy/