[geeks] [rescue] Sun Ray desktop replacement or wide-scale implementation?

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:42:23 CDT 2008

Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with either replacing desktops with Sun Rays or
> doing a large implementation? We're looking for some anecdotes, warts and
> all, about an implementation. What's cool, what's awful, etc. Things we'd
> like to know are if anyone's using them in place of on-call laptops,
> accessing Citrix/Windows RDP through them, etc.

I have that experience.  It does most things perfectly.  Don't try to do
video.  Some kinds of flash pages can be a bit slow too.  CAD sucks on
them.  Other than that, it should be ok.  The Windows RDP thing works
pretty well.  To sum up, it works well if you aren't doing anything
graphics-intensive.

Peace...  Sridhar