[geeks] Mr Bill?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:20:59 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> We've got water pressure and a natural-gas-powered water heater

I've always wondered about that, if something like that happened if
they would leave my natural gas on or not, and if there is flooding,
water is surely unsafe to drink. One winter, several years back, we
lost power for two weeks due to an ice storm that left a good part of
the eastern US disabled. We had gas but no way to run the electric
motor on the forced air heater.

It's amazing just how much we rely on the grid and utilities.