[geeks] What to do with my Qube 3?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Sep 15 18:54:48 CDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 6:50 PM 9/15/08, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> Hey folks...
>
> I literally dusted off my old Cobalt Qube 3. I'd like to make it
> "useful" again, mainly as a "landing pad" for a separate lab
> network in my home. It would also do some basic port forwarding.
>
> However, installing an OS on it other than it's ancient version of
> Linux seems to be a bear. The NetBSD restore CD is only for the
> MIPS versions.
>
> Has anyone here installed a more modern OS on it? Did you just swap
> out the drive to another server, install there, and have it "work"
> back in the other system?
>
> Thanks!

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.cobaltfaqs.com/index.php/
Main_Page#Alternate_operating_systems_on_Cobalt_hardware

I kind of like the fact there's a link to Ubuntu for the Qube3.

Mind you I haven't tried any of these but if you have a spare Qube3
you want to send me to play with I'll be happy to accept it. ;-D

--
Mike Hebel

MARS NEEDS CHOCOS! - Martian Manhunter