[geeks] What to do with my Qube 3?

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Mon Sep 15 18:50:38 CDT 2008

Hey folks...

I literally dusted off my old Cobalt Qube 3. I'd like to make it
"useful" again, mainly as a "landing pad" for a separate lab network
in my home. It would also do some basic port forwarding.

However, installing an OS on it other than it's ancient version of
Linux seems to be a bear. The NetBSD restore CD is only for the MIPS
versions.

Has anyone here installed a more modern OS on it? Did you just swap
out the drive to another server, install there, and have it "work"
back in the other system?

Thanks!

-Jon