[geeks] ...and now keyboards.

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Sun Sep 14 23:52:46 CDT 2008

I'm looking for a smallish, cordless, presenter-type keyboard with
decent range (10ft?), an integrated trackpad, and absolutely no
Bluetooth involved.  Preferably no PS/2 involved, either.  I thought
that there was a reasonable market for this sort of thing, but even the
Power(tm) of Google(r) combined with NewEgg isn't turning up much.  What
it is turning up looks a bit iffy.

Something like the Logitech MediaBoard for the PS3 would be ideal,
except for that pesky Bluetooth thing standing in the way of being able
to use the keyboard before an OS with a Bluetooth stack loads.  (And
assuming that the PS3 speaks to BT HID devices.  I'll be testing that
theory with a DualShock 3 sometime in the near future.)

(Or is there such a thing as a Bluetooth<->USB hub that would take care
of having to have a Bluetooth stack loaded?)