[geeks] Replacement MacBook question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Sep 10 10:54:00 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 06:50:05PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:12:46AM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> >I'm working on a non-social Web 2.0ish bookmarking system.  Once I get
> >further along I plan to release the source, although I doubt all that
> >many people will want to try to set it up as I haven't written init
> >code, and it will require mod_python.
> >
> >The current state is that there are quite a few user interface glitches,
> >but it has never lost any data.
>
> Thanks, that might be a little too much for me. I just want something
> that updates a master file when I update my bookmarks or exit the browser
> and downloads the updates (or the updated list) when I start a new one.
>
> That way, when I use my wife's computer, I have the same bookmarks as
> mine. :-)
>
> There is no conflict, she uses IE and I use FireFox.

Presuming that you always use firefox and can always install an add-on,
there is always chipmark[0].  That is both a web service and a firefox
add-on and a IE plugin.  And the whole thing is open source so if you
didn't trust them you could set up your own server and adjust the addons
and plugins to use your server.

I had already started on my project long before I found out about
chipmark.  However, there are a number of things I want to try that
chipmark doesn't bother with anyway, so it probably isn't a waste,
provided I ever get to those things.

[0] https://www.chipmark.com/Main