[geeks] Replacement MacBook question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Sep 10 10:12:46 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:46:22AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:41:25PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:36:55PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >>What add-on is that?
> >
> >The one that synchronizes your bookmarks with other computers using a
> >master copy which can be uploaded using several methods, I use FTP.
> >

> If you are okay with a big-brother-like company managing your
> bookmarks for you, I've had good experience with the "Delicious"
> official add-on, plus it makes sharing links with other people
> relatively easy.

I'm working on a non-social Web 2.0ish bookmarking system.  Once I get
further along I plan to release the source, although I doubt all that
many people will want to try to set it up as I haven't written init
code, and it will require mod_python.

The current state is that there are quite a few user interface glitches,
but it has never lost any data.