[geeks] Replacement MacBook question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Sep 9 07:38:27 CDT 2008

" From: nate at portents.com
"
" > Could be related to which add-ons each of us uses.
"
" I'd be curious what Flash plugins everyone has.
"
" In my experience, Flash can be one of the biggest culprits for browser
" instability and memory issues.  Version 9.0.124.0 has been better than
" previous releases in my experience, and I make sure I'm running it on
" every machine I use.  Also, keep in mind that there are seperate Flash
" installers for Firefox and for IE in Windows, so when you update Flash on
" Windows, you have to update twice, once for each browser.

i'd like to run flash 9, but alas their solaris version only supports
s10.  i'm at 7.0r66, which is afaik the last to support s8 and already
too old for many sites.