[geeks] Bicycling Laptop Packs?

Alloysius Mdebe heavyj.gmbh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:11:40 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've taken the drastic step of making the Bicycle my main mode of
> transportation. So far it's worked out pretty darn good what with it being
> summer and all.
>
> Unluckily, living in Oregon we tend to have a little of rain towards the end
> of this month until roughly next June. (Although the two camping trips I've
> been on this summer have been rained out, but that's another story.)
>
> I have an older Targus Sport backpack (has external room for CD/player, gym
> shoes/water bottles,) but it does not breath on the back very well and
> leaves me rather sweaty. I'm also concerned about it's long term water
> repelling abilities over the long term.
>
> Currently I'm carrying at least one and very occasionally two Macbooks in
> it. But I'd like something that is "future" proof if I decide to go for a
> 17" Macbook.
>
> Has anyone got some pointers towards something that is waterproof, spacers
> (or internal frame) of some sort on the back, and has room to store at least
> one laptop and a change of clothes?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Rick Hamell
> Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog
> Pacific Northwest Photo Blog - http://www.1nova.com/photoblog
> Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27

I am afraid i am unaware of the phenomenons of what you call a
'bicycling laptop'. perhaps you would illustrate with diagram? if it
says what i think you mean in fact, then what i believe you are
looking for something like the sci-con double padded wheelbag which
you can acquire for the parsley sum of $160 dollars. one bag will fit
2 700c wheels, imagine how many bicycling laptops you can infact store
in such a versatile container. otherwise, i suggest you to purchase
spinergy pbo wheels instead of macbooks for storing in what you call a
'bicycling laptop pack'. they can be found for less than a price of a
macbook, which is good because you get 2.

-alloysius