[geeks] Bicycling Laptop Packs?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:12:31 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've taken the drastic step of making the Bicycle my main mode of
> transportation. So far it's worked out pretty darn good what with it being
> summer and all.
>
> Unluckily, living in Oregon we tend to have a little of rain towards the end
> of this month until roughly next June. (Although the two camping trips I've
> been on this summer have been rained out, but that's another story.)
>
> I have an older Targus Sport backpack (has external room for CD/player, gym
> shoes/water bottles,) but it does not breath on the back very well and
> leaves me rather sweaty. I'm also concerned about it's long term water
> repelling abilities over the long term.

Backpacks on a bike suck. Get a rack, then get a pannier.The Delta
metro might be what you want if it is large enough. It has an optional
kit to make it a backpack, so once you get to your destination, you
can carry your stuff to your office. BTW, there are sound alternatives
to carrying a laptop.

Francois