[geeks] Bicycling Laptop Packs?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:45:43 CDT 2008

I've taken the drastic step of making the Bicycle my main mode of
transportation. So far it's worked out pretty darn good what with it
being summer and all.

Unluckily, living in Oregon we tend to have a little of rain towards the
end of this month until roughly next June. (Although the two camping
trips I've been on this summer have been rained out, but that's another
story.)

I have an older Targus Sport backpack (has external room for CD/player,
gym shoes/water bottles,) but it does not breath on the back very well
and leaves me rather sweaty. I'm also concerned about it's long term
water repelling abilities over the long term.

Currently I'm carrying at least one and very occasionally two Macbooks
in it. But I'd like something that is "future" proof if I decide to go
for a 17" Macbook.

Has anyone got some pointers towards something that is waterproof,
spacers (or internal frame) of some sort on the back, and has room to
store at least one laptop and a change of clothes?

Thanks

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog