[geeks] Recommendations for a 20/22" TFT?

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Sep 8 05:23:02 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 20 or 22"[1] TFT to connect to my MBP and was
wondering if any list members had any recommendations? I'm not a gamer or
into watching movies on my laptop, so I'd prefer a display geared towards
"business" applications rather than entertainment.

It seems that the Lenovo L220x is the pick of the 20/22" bunch (outside of
the rather expensive Eizos). It does 1920x1200 (which is a plus, but I'd be
happy with 1680x1050), has an S-PVA panel and good colour accuracy. Any
others I should be considering? The L220x is at the top-end of what I'm
willing to pay (it retails for around GBP 300 in the UK, so I guess that
makes it a little over $500?).

[1] Unfortunately my desk isn't big enough to handle a 24" TFT otherwise
    I'd be considering the Dell 2408 WFP, which seems to be the pick of
    the bunch at the moment. Sadly Dell's smaller TFTs are all TN-panel.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/