[geeks] Replacement MacBook question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Sep 8 10:33:52 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 03:10:11PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Or, in an effort to leep the older PowerPC Macbook in use, anyone have
> any exp. with more modern browsers than the latest release of Safari?

I use Firefox 3.0.1 on a 1.25Ghz PPC G4 Mac Mini running OSX 10.5 just
fine.  As long as she has a decent amount of RAM in the G4 10.5 *will* run.

She should be able to run that version of FF (dont forget to install the
latest version of the flash plugin) on 10.4 with 640M just fine.  I've got
a gig of RAM in this Mini, running FF, NetNewsWire, and a few Terminal
sessions and I've got 445M free right now.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas