[geeks] Dell Announces their Netbook "Latitude Mini 9"

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 15:49:46 CDT 2008

>From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
>Date: 2008/09/05 Fri AM 01:41:15 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dell Announces their Netbook "Latitude Mini 9"

<snip>

>I think I'm going to order a XP machine so i can get it faster,

I don't think it comes any faster, the estimated ship date for my WinXP unit is Sept. 15th, the Linux folks are crowing about 2 week delays in shipping, which put it at about the same time.

> and like
>you, check out Dell's ubuntu linux when it's available.  Any idea if
>they'll just make an ISO available on their website?

I *think* they will, but I don't know... It would be consistent with how they currently support Ubuntu laptops & desktops.

>  Did you hear about
>the promo starting tomo^H^H^H^H in a few hours?  Get a Mini 9 for $99
>when you buy a XPS or studio 15 laptop.

Nope, hadn't heard about that - sounds a little fishy - might be channel-related...

Lionel