[geeks] Dell Announces their Netbook "Latitude Mini 9"

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 4 15:10:10 CDT 2008

Specs aren't wild - pretty mild actually, but I've ordered one so my lightly used Asus eee 701 will be available soon (not yet, please don't ask ;^)...

Personally, I like the style of the new Dell mini notebook better than the eee, and the greater screen size and resolution should go a long way towards making it more useable (for me, with my aging eyes)...

Here's a link[0] - it uses the 1.6 GHz Atom CPU, only 1 Gig of RAM, and comes with up to 16 Gig of built-in SSD...

I wimped out and ordered the WinXP version - IIRC it was cheaper than upgrading the Ubuntu version (by a few $), and the MS "Tax" is only about $5 on something like this anyway...

I'm sure the Ubuntu install disc image will be available soon anyway.

Lionel

[0] http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-9?cs=19&s=dhs&ref=homepg