[geeks] Poaching an Egg

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Sep 2 15:57:11 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 04:35:30PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> I just poached an egg for the first time.  I used my Fluke 189 with a
> universal temperature probe to make sure the water was the correct
> temperature.  I'm such a geek.

I like measuring temperatures while cooking.  I want to get a IR unit so
that I can also measure the temps of pans for sauteing.

And a good oven unit would probably also be handy.

Now, you will be a real food geek when you start cooking by weights
instead of volumetric measurements.

I still have to really get started on the later, but first I need a
decent pair of scales.  One regular digital kitchen scale, and one that
is acurate to 0.01g.