[geeks] education systems around the world

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Tue Oct 28 08:47:30 CDT 2008

>         I will agree with you that education is not a right - it is
> a privilege (some may argue it should be universally accorded, but
> that is another matter).

I'm hardly an expert on any of this stuff, but I was thinking since the UN
has to deal with some pretty backward governments, if you classify
education as a privilege, wouldn't that be easier for a government to deny
it to say, women or some ethnic minority?  If it's a right, I'd think
you'd have to be less exclusive about it.  Just a thought.

- Nate