[geeks] Liber-fascism

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 27 08:55:31 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 03:16:05PM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
>There has however been a land redistribution policy based on the
>principal of willing buyer willing seller [4]. Inequity in land
>ownership is an emotive issue as well as a practical issue (it is
>afterall one of the legacies of apartheid), and in South Africa the
>majority of commercial farmland is still white owned - the
>redistribution policy 'only' has a target of 30% land redistribution
>by 2014 [5].

However in the case of Rhodesia transitioning to Zimbabwe, it has been
willing buyer, point of a gun seller.:-(

Mugabe treated unwilling land donors the same way he treated his opposition,
giving them small plots of land of their own (in plain English killing them).

I guess this is already a political discussion, so I can comment that
the support of the recent South African government for Islamic terrorists
did not sit well in my book. They may have claimed to be freedom fighters,
but in the end they were just as bad as the rest of the lot.

Geoff.