[geeks] Spare PCI Video Card

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Oct 13 13:18:34 CDT 2008

Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Anyone got an unloved spare PCI video card they don't want for the
> cost of shipping ( or local to Atlanta? ) Is going to go into a Mac to
> drive an additional display - only has to provide video, not play
> Doom.

Does this mean it needs Apple-compatible firmware?  Does it need to be
one of a list of compatible chipsets?

I have a large number of spare relic video cards, many of them PCI,
including Diamond Stealth64 cards, at least one Matrox Mystique, a
couple of MachII/Mach64 cards (I think), and a bunch of STB cards.
You're welcome to any of them that will work for you.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.