[geeks] IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Thu Oct 2 07:34:13 CDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 12:42 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Right click on the device in device manager, select details
> and display "hardware ids".
>
> You will see something like PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy and so on.
>
> STFW is short for "Search The Fine Web". VEN is vendor id, Dev is
> device
> id, both are 4 digit numbers, I believe in hex, but it does not mater
> for searching.
> The vendor id and device id is constant, so you can also search to see
> if there is a Linux or xBSD driver for it too.
>
> Not all manufacturers use the same device number, sometimes for
> different
> versions of the same card/device. For example, I have a Realtek 8139
> card
> made by a company that used 8139 as the device id, like everyone
> else does,
> but for the heck of it produced a few with a different id and no one
> including
> themselves had drivers for it. I assume it was for a specific box
> vendor,
> I was unable to find.

Ah, well like I say, the HWID was: "ACPI\PNP0103\0". That's it. It's
not a PCI bus device, it's an ACPI device. Motherboard stuff from what
I would guess.

I did STFW for "ACPI\PNP0103\0" but.. if you try it yourself, you will
see.. that just made my head hurt. In other words it made me more
confused than I already was, and I am usually pretty good at figuring
stuff like this out.

But I will try the sysprep idea from nate.. of course that may not
even be possible. But we'll see.

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F