[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu May 29 19:36:49 CDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 16:38, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> I can't remember how to do it, but you can easily remap control and
> caps lock and (almost) everything uses it. A quick STFW for
> "windows scan code remaping" should do what you want.

I use KeyTweak for Windows, and It Works For Me.

<http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/>

I wish it were that easy under OS X (on my aluminum PowerBook G4,
sometimes it gets confused that I have Ctrl mapped to Caps Lock, and
it thinks that I'm holding down a Ctrl key until I hit (what is
physically) Caps Lock (but in software is Ctrl) again. On the other
hand, I wish that it didn't take a reboot to remap keys in Windows.

  - Micah