[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 28 04:46:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:37:00PM +0300, sammy ominsky wrote:
> I'm thinking of having hebrew engraved on it, because the letters on
> the stickers keep wearing off (you can see the latest ones in that
> picture, in gold, and see the missing ones).

The problem with stickers or engraving is that if you are a touch typist
in your native language, engraving letters in a second alphabet allows
you to look at the keys. In practice, many people learn to type that
second alphabet by looking at the keys instead of learning to touch type.

If you are serious about typing in Hebrew, then IMHO you should dump
the stickers, forget the engraving and spend the time learning to touch
type.

Geoff.