[geeks] Anyone have exp. with NexentaStor (OpenSolaris-based ZFS NAS)?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 25 06:52:44 CDT 2008

Subject line says it all - I stumbled across this the other day, and I was wondering if anyone here has any exp. with it...

It looks like a decent idea - an OpenSolaris-based NAS that takes advantage of the ZFS filesystem and has a straight-forward "appliance-like" install with a full suite of GUI tools.

Link: http://www.nexenta.com/

Based on the derivative OpenSolaris NexentaOS project: http://www.nexenta.org/os/Home

Link to Developer Edition (Like a drug dealer, the first (Terabyte of stored files) is free, additional TB will cost you:

http://www.nexenta.com/corp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=75

Lionel