[geeks] Drug prices [was Re: ?nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Fri May 23 10:42:43 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 8:32 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> It's an oldie but a goodie:  Radix omnium malorum cupiditas est.
> "The root of all evil is the love of money."  Though I think it's
> more true to say that the root of all evil is the love of power;
> money, in that context, is just another form of power.

I tend to disagree. Money is sex abstracted. Hence, "the oldest
profession" (way of making money) is prostitution. Prostitution is
considered evil in the Judaic/Christian tradition et al. Of course you
could argue that power isn't power if it can't get you laid, but I
still think money is the way that happens; if money didn't buy sex
then it wouldn't be a form of power.

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F