[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu May 22 17:35:36 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> der Mouse wrote:
>> You want patent protection outside the USA's borders?  File patents
>> outside the USA's borders!  Do you care about their patents?  No?
>> Then why should they care about yours?
>
> I don't think you understand the point I was making.
>
> Both Canada and India (perhaps other countries as well), do not pay the
> going rate for patented drugs.
>
> Instead, they give the drug companies a choice:  either sell it to us at
> what "we ($country)" think is a fair price, or, we will remove patent
> protection from the drug, and produce it ourselves, paying you just a
> pittance for the use of the patent.

Well, you have to admit, they're kind of between a rock and a hard
place.  The people need the drugs, but the country can't afford to pay
the price the manufacturer demands.  Pfizer makes more money from India
manufacturing $DRUG and paying Pfizer a nominal license fee that they
can afford, than they do from India just not using the drug at all.

   alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                  It's not the years, it's the mileage.