[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 21 20:03:16 CDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 16:37 , Mark wrote:

> On 21 May 2008, at 21:27, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>> Bill Bradford wrote:
>>> I *hate* console gaming controllers.  Give me a mouse and keyboard.
>>
>> You can get those on a PS3 too.
>
> So if you can use a keyboard and mouse, why don't more people port
> MMOGs to the PS3? If I could get EVE Online, or something like it on
> the PS3 I'd abandon PC gaming entirely.

Because console game are marketed primarily to people who want instant
action satisfaction, shallow stories, and guided on-rails game play.

Personally, I don't see why they do that.  A game should be designed
to be a good game first and foremost.

If you want to write an arcade game, fine, write one.

But please don't take an intelligent RPG or tactical wargame, and dumb
it down until it looks more like Mario Brothers.

I think the game companies might find the console gamers like it too.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com