[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 21 16:40:07 CDT 2008

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2008/05/21 Wed PM 05:29:58 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

<snip>

>I could see myself spending a few years there if I was forced to by
>investors in a startup. I would only do it if I thought there was a good
>chance I could retire when I was done, and was sure they would pay our
>airfare home no matter what. I would also require that they provide the
>same level of health care I have here and same quality schools for my
>two PDD (high functioning Aspberger's) children, which would probably
>cost more than many people make, but are free here.

The healthcare would be on the company, but as far as the education of your kids goes, the much maligned "No Child Left Behind" should ensure that your children get the education they need, in a manner they can benefit from. I work around Education in NJ, and there are stories about "Profound Need" children that have Individual Education Plans that require programs that cost well over $100,000/year (very rarely some are over $200,000/year), and they have to be met by the public school system. Some districts are more reluctant to meet their requirements, but all are obliged to under federal law...

Lionel