[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri May 16 23:24:43 CDT 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 23:01 , Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Nadine Miller wrote:
>> From my research on compete.com (similar to Google zeitgeist, but
>> with more info) eBid (not free, auctions), Blujay (free, but not
>> auctions), and eCrater (also free, not auctions) are probably the
>> biggest.  And you can't discount the power of Craigslist if you
>> live close to a larger city.
>
> Yeah, Craigslist is excellent.  Which is why eBay tried to file the
> serial numbers off....

Craiglist doesn't like you using non-local areas/cities and they don't
like you doing deals strictly via email and shipping.

I've done it anyway, but some people report their listings cancelled
or other actions by craigslist when they did that.

Another issue is that I can usually get a better price on eBay when
I'm selling.

I really wish eBay could have just stayed like they were.  There
really isn't an alternative that works as well, although it looks like
they are working hard to fix that by ruining the service completely.

Hopefully they'll screw it up so bad someone else will come along.

eBay: I'm willing to bet they are trying to just become a commercial
online flea market and will ditch auctions.