[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:52:57 CDT 2008

Nadine Miller wrote:

> I signed up a few weeks ago.  They are currently not offering funding
> the account via credit cards, though, that is somewhere down the road.
> Rumor has it that eBay will pull your listings if you mention them and
> get caught, though I've not seen a definitive example of that, and RME
> is not explicitly prohibited in the example services excluded in eBay
> policies.

More then rumor. Ebay will pull any auction that advertises any online
payment method other then Paypal. They use to allow Bidpay but that went
under in December 2007. I tried to use Google Checkout once, but the
auction was pulled pretty quickly.
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m07/i06/s02 talks about that.

Also, what's REALLY annoying, is that if you put in the auction any
where that you accept Paypal, you MUST also accept credit card
transactions via Paypal. Which in turn means an upgrade to a Paypal
business account, with the corresponding fees.

I put off doing that for a long time because Paypal was going to charge
the business fees to ALL transactions not just credit card transactions.
  But that luckily seems to no longer be the case.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog