[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:40:27 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> First Bank SD just opened a public beta of their Revolution
> MoneyExchange service.  It works sorta like PayPal, except they're
> actually a bank, so your money in Revolution is insured and they're not
> allowed to screw around with a lot of the shenanigans PayPal
> periodically does.
>
> Better, if you sign up by tomorrow (Thursday May 15), they'll give you
> $25 for signing up.  And better still (for me), if you get there by
> going to this post:
>
> http://unixronin.livejournal.com/550008.html
>
> and clicking the signup button you'll find there, they'll give me a $10
> referral bonus.

I signed up a few weeks ago.  They are currently not offering funding
the account via credit cards, though, that is somewhere down the road.
Rumor has it that eBay will pull your listings if you mention them and
get caught, though I've not seen a definitive example of that, and RME
is not explicitly prohibited in the example services excluded in eBay
policies.

Also, it's limited to US residents at the moment, as well.

=Nadine=