[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Wed May 14 14:26:51 CDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:40:54 -0400 (EDT), "der Mouse"
<mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> said:
> >> How about an "extreme" version of a force feedback joysick. :-)
> > It'd take about five minutes for that to be hacked into a sex toy.
>
> Is this a problem...? :)
>
> > In fact I'm sure they already have something like that, I just don't
> > want to trip the Firewall filters at work to search for it.  Even
> > though I'm in charge of them. :)
>
> They do.  Teledildonics is getting moderately advanced...and that's
> based on data a year or two out of date.
>
> Still expensive, but that's no surprise.

Linux has -- had -- a driver for the PlayStation 2, um...

"PlayStation 2 Trance Vibrator driver support"

I actually caught a review of this on a girl gamer blog (news site?) I
can't recall the name of, now.  It comes with a single Japanese game
that is, apparently, mostly a psychedelic experience a bit akin to 3D
Galaga with no spaceships.  The vibrator got high marks; the game wasn't
really talked about much.  The vibrator apparently catches one negative
mark for being a flat... thing... whose original purpose isn't entirely
clear.  But it's pretty powerful, apparently.

(I assume the vibrator was intended to immerse you in the game in some
very unclear way.  A bit like Hideo Kojima's claims that you'd be able
to "feel" the humidity in Metal Gear Solid 3, except that MGS3 sold
without a humidifier, or even a virtually humid experience, IMNSHO.)