[geeks] [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 06:35:15 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:30:57AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
> > That may well be the Orthodox position; I doubt the Catholics see it
> > the same way. Besides it was more a case the Orthodox churches didn't
> > agree to merge (the early bishoprics were very independent). They
> > weren't the only ones, and not even the first (Assyrian Church).
>
> Before that there was the Jerusalem Church, who were JEWISH followers of
> Yeshua* ben Josaf (Jousha son of Joseph), who after his death believed he
> was the messiah.
>
> Most of his followers did not, they were Jews who just wandered off
> and continued to be Jewish with no changes.
>
> In law, the Jewish relegion is basicly unchanged since Mount Siani, when
> the 613 commandments were given to Moses. In pratice it has changed due
> to interperation of the law.
>
> It is important to note that when the first temple was destroyed, about
> 2500 years ago it is believed to have been taken to what is now
> Ethiopia. Where it is now is the subject of lots of conjecture and a
> movie I'm sure you are all familiar with.**
>
> When the Ethiopian Jews were brought here, it was found that they
> followed differenet practices, but basicly the same laws and were by
> modern standards Jews.
>
> Although Mike and I have had discussions off list about the differences
> between Pauline Christianity and Judaism, I think it's only appropriate
> to say that from, modern Christianity is loosely
> based upon it, just as it is loosely based upon the worship of Isis
> and the cult of Mithra.
>
> Geoff.
>
> * Yeshua is a variation of Yehosua, sort of like Will or Bill is a
> variation of William.
>
> ** Indiana Jones was based upon Vendell Jones, a non Jewish Texan,
> who is searching for the spice used as incense in the Temple. He refused
> to allow Speilberg to use him as the basis of the movie, so Vendell became
> Indiana, the spice became the ark, and instead of modern time, the movie
> was set in the 1930's.
>

> --
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM

Actually, Jesus of Nazateth was Yeshua ben David.
That is, Jeus, son of David (in English).
He was proclaimed as Messiah before his crucifixion.
Even the Romans recognized his claim to be the KIng of Israel.

Most of the first believers of Jesus as the Messiah were Jewish/Istraelites.
The were called "Members of the Way" (and other titles most likely).
A few were Gentile, "goy".
All of the Apostles were Jewish/Israelites.
This is expected since Messiah's purpose was to come to the "House of
Israel".
Messiah did "cleanse the Temple" (drove out the money-changers, sellers of
sacrifical animal, short-cutters, etc.) who had physically set up their
businesses within the area of the Temple mount named the "Court of the
Gentiles".  When Messiah drove these law-breakers out of the Court of the
Temple, he said, "My Father's house is a house of prayer for All Nations but
you have made it a den of thieves!".  Jesus of Nazateht (Yehua ben David")
accepted Gentiles as spiritual equal to the Jewish/Isrealite believer.
Messiah quioted Isaiah 56 when he proclaimed, "My Father's house is a house
of prayer for all natiions".
After the church was established among wholly Jewish/Isrealite belivers, the
Faith was carried to the Samaritans.
A Jewish/Israelite "evangelist" brougt this message.
The Samaritans were mixed ethnically: part Jewish/Israelit and part Gentile
("goy").
A Jewish/Isrelite brought the message to Gentiles living in the land of
Israel.
The first recorded instance is of a Roman Centurion and his family.
As the Jewish/Israelite faithful moved throughout the world, they spoke of
the Messiah.

Saul, a Jewish/Isrelite member of the Sanhedrin, became a follower of the
Messiah.
Saul was a member of the tribe of Benjamin.
His family lived in the city of Tarsus of Asia Minor.
Saul had both a distinquished Jewish education as well what we would call a
"classical" Greek education.
Later Saul changed his name to Paul as we know him as Paul the Apostles.
Saul was considered the "Apostle to the Gentiles" ("goyim") even though he
brought the message of the Messiah first to the Jewish/Isarealites in any
city he visited and then, second, to the Gentiles.
It was no until the church was established in Antioch in Asia MInor, that
"Believers of the Way" were called "Christians".
It was a mocking term when used by the Romans: "Little Christs"
The church keep the insult and we know this group as "Christians".

One important matter, Saul did not teach anything but the Jewish Law and the
messge of the orignal Jewish/Israelites apostles, evengelists, that is, that
Jesus of Nazarth, Yeashua be David, was Messiah,
His reception among Jewish/Israelite "Member of the Way" is proof of this.
He always surronded himself with Jewish/Israelite believer.
If fact, Saul taught against the reaching of Mithra and Isis, and the
Greco-Roman gods (which are the same).

It is quite interesting that Geoff continues to make this hilarious claim.
Iraneous of Lyon, using the writiings of Saul, quite handily demonished
these teachings (c ad180).
It is quite interesting that his "a Jewish perspective" is not only
insulting but historically and doctrinally inaccurate.

It would be interesting to have a discussion with Geoff offline about this
inaccuracy of his, but he will not do so.

hike