[geeks] VMware and CentOS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 08:54:49 CDT 2008

>From: Eric Railine <erailine at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/03/27 Thu PM 02:32:31 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] VMware and CentOS

<snip>

>Have you tried ESX on that hardware?  3.5 is a free download and comes
>with a 60 day trial license (older versions you had to register for a
>license and then apply it; now it's active on install).  I'm running
>it on a 1 year old HP 'media PC' at home (since 3.5 now supports SATA
>for storage) and it's running great.  Virtual Center can also be
>downloaded & tested for free.

And what happens after 60 days when the evaluation is over?

>Otherwise, you might want to try VirtualBox (virtualbox.org).

I've not played with VirtualBox, but it does look interesting, but I wonder how dual PIII stack up against this description (from virtualbox.org website):

"Reasonably powerful x86 hardware. Any recent Intel or AMD processor should do."

It could be perfectly fine, Ijust don't know...

Lionel