[geeks] linkedin.com - Social Networking for Business

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Mar 24 11:55:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:34:11PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> That's strange, because in my experience, companies no longer want
> workers forever.  They seem to want to get rid of them as soon as they
> can, and by all appearances do their best to keep the revolving door
> HR system in effect.

However, they want to define the speed of that revolving door. They may
only want you for a year for a project, but if for some reason that project
were to stretch to 2 or even 5 years, they want you to be able to stay.

One the other hand, the fine print of the contract usually says they can
fire you without notice for any reason within some trial period, and
after that their obligation is to pay you two weeks pay.

Geoff.