[geeks] linkedin.com - Social Networking for Business

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:37:25 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Do I try to to connect to more people? Remake old acquaintances? Make
>  new ones? Twiddle my thumbs?

I've reconnected with a few old friends.  I joined when a friend send
me an invite.

>  Has anyone on this list gotten a job
>  through it, or helped someone else make contact?

Just this past week an old friend contacted me looking for a job lead
and I asked him for a
resume to send to another friend.  I found it interesting his resume
lacked the "once ran for Congress"
entry it could have contained.

>  It feels like a cool
>  idea, I just don't know how useful it really is in practice. Other then
>  a walk down memory lane.

That alone has been useful to me.  If I ever need to search for a job,
I'll certainly give it a shot.

>  BTW - if anyone wants to add me, hamellr at gmail.com is my contact for it.

Sure, I'll add ya.

--