[geeks] linkedin.com - Social Networking for Business

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 23 19:05:51 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 09:50:18AM -0700, Rick Hamell wrote:
> Do I try to to connect to more people? Remake old acquaintances? Make new
> ones? Twiddle my thumbs? Has anyone on this list gotten a job through it,
> or helped someone else make contact? It feels like a cool idea, I just
> don't know how useful it really is in practice. Other then a walk down
> memory lane.

So far, the only "use" I've gotten out of it is recruiters calling me AT
WORK during the day and saying "I got your information off LinkedIn".  I
had to finally put a line in my profile that said "Recruiters DO NOT
contact me via telephone at my current place of employment."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas