[geeks] FS: Sony VAIO ultraportable

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Mar 20 23:52:57 CDT 2008

I'm looking to sell this machine for a friend/coworker.  I was going to
buy it, but decided that the it wasn't worth the money to me.  I've been
trying to load up Windows ME on it to get it ready for him to sell on
ebay, but that has turned into a complete pain in the ass, so in an
attempt to make my life easier, I figured I would see if anyone here is
interested in it.

I have the laptop, power supply,  and PCGA-CD51 drive that plugs into
the PCMCIA slot.  This has a 600mhz transmeta crusoe processor with
128mb of ram, external cd-rom, firewire,  the battery is is good shape,
i've been getting over an hour of runtime on it.  Full specs are here:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=PCGC1VN

He is looking to get $300 for it.  If you don't mind a broken Windows ME
installation, i can get it shipped out tomorrow, otherwise i would be
willing to load up xubuntu (which i used on it), or anything that is
less painful than Windows ME.  It is located in 46637 (South Bend, IN)
and i believe i have suitable shipping materials, so you just pay actual
shipping charges.

    -Dan Sikorski