[geeks] filtering out web base trojan?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Mar 17 02:33:21 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 08:43:50AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:

> What is the reason for hanging on to XP?

Because of all those applications which only run on Windows. I actually
have Linux installed on this computer (Fedora 8) and it does not do
what I want.

I also have 3 other linux systems running 24/7, a
router/file server/torrent box, a MythTV system and a second file
server.

I'm using a Putty window into the router box now to write this email
using MUTT and MicroEmacs.

I'm very familar with Linux and Windows compatability, in 2003-2005
I started a company to build a Linux based handheld X86 handheld device
for playing games. The company did well on the technical side and had
several offers of funding.

It folded due to poor choices on my part of the financial and legal
parts of the team.

Linux simply does not do what I want.

A Korean company stole our business plan from another large Korean
company which we were going to build our device with, but was unable to
get theirs to do anything like what we could with ours. They even used
a very slightly modified version of a page from our business plan as
their web page announcing their device.

Because of that, when we start over again, we will be not using Linux
as our base. If you know of a professional CEO who would be interested
in working on such a device, have them contact me.

Geoff.