[geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Mar 8 23:24:04 CST 2008

kevin at pipeline.com wrote:
> I haven't touched a Promise card in years, but the last one i had (circa 1994) was a VLbus caching controller that you had to add your own 30 pin SIMMS too.  I *LOVED* that card and had great results with it for several years.  It's still around here somewhere, just couldn't bring my self to toss it out.

I had a caching EISA IDE controller from about the same period.  It was
an engineering prototype, if I remember correctly.  With 4MB of cache
RAM and four 230MB disks connected and spanned into two 460MB volumes,
it was blindingly fast.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.