[geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

kevin at pipeline.com kevin at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 8 22:42:25 CST 2008

I haven't touched a Promise card in years, but the last one i had (circa 1994) was a VLbus caching controller that you had to add your own 30 pin SIMMS too.  I *LOVED* that card and had great results with it for several years.  It's still around here somewhere, just couldn't bring my self to toss it out.

Of course that's all anecdotal, took place several years ago and references an entirely different technology than the one in question, but that's my two cents :-P

/KRM