[geeks] possible good laptop deal

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Mar 8 10:32:10 CST 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 12:51 , velociraptor wrote:

> "Powersupply" is kind of a misnomer with a laptop, though.  If it's
> the A/C adapter, that's one thing--easy enough to buy/return or borrow
> one as a test case.

I was figuring he was being told it was the power supply portion of
the logic board and one thing I wondered was if that was a separate
part on an Apple laptop.

Asus made their laptops until recently but they don't give out the
manuals for them.

Aside: Quanta makes Apple's new laptops... I wonder if that will
improve their quality.

I wish I could get MacOS running on some other laptop... :)

> If you find out the model (have them remove the battery and tell you
> the model #), and look here:
> <http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Take-Apart-Repair-Manuals-p-1-c-258.html
> >
> you can get a pdf of the  repair manual to see what's involved in
> replacing the power connector.

Thanks for the information.

I'm thinking of buying a "dead" laptop to get a deal.  A friend of
mine has an Apple and two Thinkbooks he got for a grand total of $150
and they required about $50 in parts to become brand new again.

Of course, I'm never that lucky, but I might get something I can
use... :)

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com