[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Mar 4 15:10:23 CST 2008

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:40:10 -0500
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about the C4?  I don't believe I've ever seen a Peugeot that has
> that kind of ass on it.  The C6 is a bit strange too, no?
The C6 is a slightly enlarged C5 and that in turn is a Peugeot 407 with
a different skin. So is the C4 a brother to the Peugeot 307. They may
look different, but the technology is more more then less identical.
E.g. have a look at the engines... C5/C6=>407 and C4=>307 is the same
platform.

This isn't bad. I drove Peugeot bevore I became a Citroenist. Peugeot
builds good cars and - at least in germany - a Peugeot is much cheaper
then a VW but of equal quality. But today Citroen is just a brand. There
is nothing left from the extravagance and avant-garde that made up
Citroen until the era PSA.

VW / Audi / Skoda / Seat is the same. The Audi A3 and TT are based on
the Golf platform... (Some people, including me, call the TT a "racing
Golf". ;-) )

> > The DS is really unique. I think there are only two other cars build
> > over a longer period of time then the DS: Citroen 2CV and VW Beetle.
> Morgan?  If you're counting the Beetle, even with all of the changes
> for  1967, you should probably count some of the American models as
> well,  since some of them didn't change all that much over their run.
> And  maybe the Porsche 911 too.  It's a stretch, but what about the
> Unimog?
Hmm. True. From that point of view.
--

tsch|_,