[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Mar 4 13:42:28 CST 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 04:53 , Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Quoth Shannon Hendrix ...
>
>> Also, just one note from the past: as someone else said none of this
>> is new.  The UK sports car called the Sunbeam Tiger used a Ford
>> drivetrain.
>
> ... and what' _really_ funny about that combination is that Chrysler
> owned
> Rootes Group at the time; Sunbeam was Rootes's "sporty" brand.

That's very interesting.

Did Chrysler handle any of Sunbeam's racing?

> If you've never driven a Tiger ... it's actually rather a pig.  Nose
> heavy,
> and not all that fast.  The solid rear axle meant it was capable of
> spinning
> the right rear wheel from now until forever, but not so good at
> getting that
> power to the road.  OK in left-hand bends, not so good in right-
> handers.
> Cute, though.

Sounds like a Mustang... :)

Some people modified the Tiger's quite a bit and the general style was
popular in kit form as well as hand-made spyder ish cars.

I think you can still get Tiger kit cars.

I like spyders, even though they aren't very practical and I know I
can't really have one.

Not yet anyway... :)