[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 3 12:48:02 CST 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:15 , Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Even when non-badge-engineered, your car can have unusual sources for
> things.  In the 1980s, I had a Volkswagen built in Pennsylvania with a
> Mexican engine and a Brazillian gearbox.  Back in the states, I have
> an
> American-built Honda Acord.

Just some random trivia:

The Honda Fit is the only Honda still made in Japan for the non-
Japanese market.

The rest are made in Europe or America.

In the past VW made body parts for Porsche, and BMW and Porsche both
made drivetrain parts for VW.  Coachwork was shared among a lot of the
German marks. VW recently downgraded their interiors because it was
making BMW and Audi look bad, when they are supposed to be the steps
up from VW.  The 2004 Golf interior was so nice people switch from
Audio to VW because there was no point in having Audi.

Ford has made parts for BMW and Mercedes for years and vice versa.

My Ford Taurus has a Mazda engine.

Also, just one note from the past: as someone else said none of this
is new.  The UK sports car called the Sunbeam Tiger used a Ford
drivetrain.  I used to want one of those really bad.  Maxwell drove
one in that 60s spy comedy "Get Smart".

I wonder what he drives in the movie this year?

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com